The WCA Marketing Team is seeking new members!
What does the WCA Marketing Team Do?
The WMT is responsible for branding and marketing of the WCA through initiatives, managing WCA relationships with media and external partners, managing and coordinating the WCA Merchandise and increasing awareness of speedcubing around the world through collaborations and advertising.
Why join the WMT?
Have you ever wondered, “‘Wow, cubing is so much fun, I wish more people knew about it”? Have you found excitement by getting friends to go to a WCA competition? Have you ever wanted competitions to have higher stakes, bigger venues, prizes, and audiences? The WCA Marketing Team has too, and we want you to help us get there! With the immense growth of the WCA, this is the perfect opportunity to make your ideas of growing cubing turn into reality!
Here are some of the projects WMT is currently working on:
- Media Relationships:
- WMT manages relationships with traditional media and speedcubing media to promote initiatives, information about speedcubing, and sparking collaborations to grow our audience
- WMT owns the WCA Merchandising ecosystem, including designing, advertising and coordinating WCA merchandise across the world
- Marketing Initiatives:
- WMT works on new marketing initiatives that grow and promote our organization, such as the WCA Newcomer Month
The application is open to everyone. Potential applicants do not have to hold a current position to be considered.
Minimum Requirements for Applicants
- Interest in marketing the WCA and our brand
- Proficiency in English
- Able to commit at least 4 hours per week including attending monthly meetings
- Creative mind and good communication skills
Specific Skills we are looking for (any of these is a huge plus):
- Experience in writing Press Releases and working with traditional press outlets
- Experience with design tools like Adobe & Canva
- Experience with Shopify
- Experience in merchandising, email marketing or digital advertising
- Based in Europe/Africa/Oceania/South America (WMT lacks members from these regions)
Applicants should submit a PDF application including a brief personal introduction, their involvement with the WCA, their motivation for applying to the WMT, and any relevant experience or skills.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org from now until February 4th, 2024, 23:59 UTC to be considered.