We are happy to announce that we have a new Team Leader! Gregor Billing will become the new Leader of the WCA Software Team (WST). Gregor was already working as a Senior member of the Team.
Gregor was selected by the WCA Board and approved in a vote among the current Committee Leaders and Senior Delegates, following Section 4 of our Motion about WCA Committees and Teams.
We wish Gregor best of luck in fulfilling his new duties.
The new Leader is already promoted. There were no other applicants and the candidacy document of Gregor can be found here if you are interested in viewing it.
We are happy to announce that Seoul, Republic of Korea will be hosting the upcoming WCA World Championship in 2023 and Melbourne, Australia will be hosting the upcoming WCA Oceanic Championship in 2022!
We would like to thank Chicago, United States of America for applying for the WCA World Championship 2023. We would also like to thank Wilson Alvis and Akash Rupela for volunteering their time for the selection committees.
You can view the application documents here (WCA World Championship) and here (WCA Oceanic Championship).
We are pleased to announce that we have received the following candidacies to host the WCA Oceanic Championship 2022 and the WCA World Championship 2023:
WCA Oceanic Championship 2022:
The selection committee for WCA Oceanic Championship 2022 is: Bob Burton, Callum Goodyear, Henrik Buus Aagaard, Saransh Grover, and Akash Rupela
WCA World Championship 2023:
- Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Chicago, United States of America
The selection committee for WCA World Championship 2023 is: Callum Goodyear, Ethan Pride, Henrik Buus Aagaard, Akash Rupela, and Wilson Alvis
A decision on the winning candidates will be made public by the selection committee along with the supporting documents at the end of the selection process.
The WCA Marketing Team is seeking new members!
What does the WCA Marketing Team Do?
The WMT is responsible for managing WCA relationships with external partners as well as working closely on the WCA Brand, including WCA merchandise, social media engagement and market research.
According to Motion 10.2021.7.1, The WCA Marketing Team is responsible for developing and managing the WCA Brand, seeking sponsorships, supporting the distribution of WCA Competition Gear, and marketing WCA Merchandise.
We are seeking members for three specific fields:
- WCA Gear Team (US Residents only)
- The WCA Gear Team is responsible for managing the distribution of WCA Tournament equipment, available from Speedstacks. Your primary responsibility would be to place orders made by Delegates around the world to Speed Stacks, and ensure that they are delivered back to the delegates. In cases where international (non-US) delegates are placing orders, you will have to receive and forward them due to the limitation of Speed Stacks shipping within the US.
- Market Research & Merchandising:
- The WCA and WMT are rapidly approaching the creation of a merchandising platform for WCA branded products. We are looking for members who have experience in either Designing Merchandise, or creating online Merchandise stores. This is a great opportunity for graphic designers to contribute to the WCA brand. You will work closely with other WCA Graphic Designers in the WCA Communications team to develop fresh designs.
- Sponsorships & Contracts
- We are looking for members who have experience, or interest in exploring potential opportunities for sponsorships for the WCA (global and local scales). Candidates who have worked on getting sponsorships for competitions they have organized, or regional organizations they have been part of are strongly encouraged to apply and shape the future of the WCA.
Please note that your application can be tailored to one of these 3 fields, or you could instead express interest in one or more of the three (they are not exclusive).
The application is open to all WCA members. Potential applicants do not have to hold a current position to be considered.
Requirements for Applicants
- Interest and/or experience in Marketing the WCA Brand
- Approximate 5 – 10 Hours time commitment per week
- Creative mind, and the ability to work within a team
- Familiarity in dealing with merchandising/sponsorships/vendor management is a plus
Applicants should submit a PDF application including a brief personal introduction, their involvement with the WCA or WCA regional organizations, their motivation for applying to the WMT and the specific team(s) they would like to work in within the WMT.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org from now until June 26th, 2020, 23:59 UTC to be considered.
There will be an appointment of a new WCA Software Team (WST) Leader. The application is open to all WCA members. Potential applicants do not have to hold a current position to be considered.
Candidates are expected to fulfill their terms (24 months) and to spend at least 10 hours per week on average to work for the Team. The qualities expected of candidates are:
- Strong technical expertise
- Good communication
- Problem solving skills
- Project management experience
The application period is open for candidates to submit their candidacy documents until June 1st, 2021, 23:59 UTC. Interested candidates can send the application privately to the WCA Board (email@example.com).
The candidacy documents must be in PDF format, and must include:
- Brief personal introduction.
- Summary of activities done for the WCA.
- Ambitions as the WST Leader of the WCA.
Candidates are additionally asked to send a copy of their applications which can be made public at the end of the application period.
The rights and duties of the WST can be found in WCA Motion 10.2021.11.
After the application period, the WCA Board will make a selection by voting and will announce the new Leader, after confirmation among Senior Delegates and sitting Committee/Team Leaders by voting, as described in Section 4 of WCA Motion 10.2021.0.
Thanks for your candidacies and support.