There will be an appointment of a new WCA Competitions Announcements Team Leader, as Wilson Alvis’s term is ending. We would like to thank Wilson for the work he has done leading the Team.
Candidates are expected to fulfill their terms (24 months) and to spend at least minimum of 8 hours per week on average to work for the Team.
The qualities expected of candidates are:
- Strong leadership skills to provide guidance, support, and direction to WCAT members
- High level of attention to detail to ensure accurate and compliant competition announcements.
- Strong decision making abilities
- Very good knowledge of the relevant policies, particularly the Competition Requirements Policy
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to convey information clearly and professionally
The application period for candidates to submit their candidacy documents is from now until 27th November, 2023, 23:59 UTC. Interested candidates can send the application privately to the WCA Board (email@example.com).
The candidacy documents must be in PDF format, and must include:
- Brief personal introduction.
- Summary of activities done for the WCA.
- Ambitions as the WCAT Leader of the WCA.
Candidates are additionally asked to send a copy of their applications which can be made public at the end of the application period.
The rights and duties of the WCAT can be found in WCA Motion 10.2021.2.
After the application period, the WCA Board will make a selection by voting and will announce the new Leader, after confirmation among Senior Delegates and sitting Committee/Team Leaders by voting, as described in Section 4 of WCA Motion 10.2022.0.
Thank you for your candidacies and support.