The WCA Archive Team (WAT) is seeking motivated and trustworthy members! This call for applicants is open to everyone; it’s not a requirement to hold a current position in the WCA to be considered.
Are you interested in cubing stories of the past and retelling them? Do you enjoy learning about records, major championships and key figures in cubing history? Do you have a habit of collecting objects from past WCA competitions? Do you enjoy writing about speedcubing? If yes, then you may be a great fit for the WAT!
What does the WAT do?
- Gather and organize information and media relevant to the WCA’s past, present and future.
- Create and compile written/visual content to provide a narrative structure to the Records page, major championships and the WCA in general.
- Collaborate with other teams in producing WCA promotional material.
- Provide coverage of major WCA championships where feasible.
- Keep track of the WCA’s historical timeline and ensure all content is up-to-date.
The official rights and duties of the WAT as described in the Motions of the WCA can be found here.
Members are expected to have:
- Good written English.
- Time commitment of 3-5 hours per week.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Familiarity with WCA activities.
Other qualities which are useful to have but are not required include:
- Fluency in another language(s).
- Experience in any form of journalism or writing.
- Good communication and interviewing skills.
- Experience and familiarity with Google G-Suite.
If you are interested in joining the WCA Archive Team, please send an application to WAT Leader, William Gan (email@example.com). If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in reaching out first before sending your application.
The application document must be in PDF format, and should include:
- A brief personal introduction
- A summary of your involvement with the WCA and cubing community
- Your motivation to join the WAT
- Any additional experience or personal skills relevant to the WAT
Applicants can expect a reply to confirm the receipt of their application within 24 hours. The application deadline is November 19th 2022 23:59 UTC. Applications will be reviewed and discussed among the current WAT members and a decision will be made about 2-3 weeks after the deadline.
Thank you for your interest in joining the WAT, we look forward to receiving your applications!