The WCA Financial Committee (WFC) is looking for a few new members to add to its team. The applications are open to everyone; it is not a requirement to hold a current position in the WCA to be considered.
What does the WFC do?
- Day-to-day bookkeeping using Xero, managing the finances and cash flow of the WCA.
- Determine the annual budget for the WCA and forecasting, including analysis and projections of competitor counts.
- Manage the Dues system including invoicing and credit control.
- Complete tax and other regulatory compliance forms on behalf of the WCA.
- Review applications for funding in accordance with the Equipment Funding and Travel Reimbursement policies.
- Other financial tasks requested by the WCA Board or in accordance with our Motions.
The official rights and duties of the WFC are documented in WCA Motion 10.2021.6.
The qualities and requirements expected of candidates are:
- Good math or data analytics skills.
- Good written English.
- Time commitment of 2-5 hours per week.
- Prompt review and response to committee emails.
The following are not required, but it would be useful for new WFC members to have experience with any of the following:
- Experience in finance, tax, or accounting.
- Experience using spreadsheets and familiarity with Google G-Suite.
- Knowledge and experience in non-profit or corporate finances.
- US tax and IRS knowledge.
Candidacy documents must include:
- A brief cover letter and personal introduction, including your motivation for applying to the WFC.
- A WCA resume listing your involvement with the cubing community so far.
- Your professional resume (especially if math/accounting/finance related).
You can expect an immediate reply to confirm whether your application is complete, and may receive a request for an interview with the WFC Leader.
Please submit your application by Tuesday, 11 October, 2022 at 23:59 UTC to the WCA Treasurer and Leader of the WCA Financial Committee, James Molloy (email@example.com). Applications will be reviewed by the WFC Leader and Senior Members. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in reaching out first before sending your application.
Thank you for your interest in joining the WFC, and we look forward to receiving your applications!