The WCA Financial Committee (WFC) is looking for two or three new members to add to it’s team. The applications are open to everyone; it’s not a requirement to hold a current position in the WCA to be considered.
What does the WFC do?
– Determine the annual budget for the WCA including analysis and projections of competitor counts.
– Manage the dues system including invoicing and credit control.
– Complete tax and other regulatory compliance forms on behalf of the WCA.
– Manage the finances and cash flow of the WCA.
– Review applications for funding in accordance with the Equipment Funding and Travel Reimbursement policies.
– Other financial tasks requested by the WCA Board or in accordance with our Motions.
The official rights and duties of the WFC are documented in WCA Motion 10.2017.3 (https://www.worldcubeassociation.org/documents/motions/10.2017.3%20-%20Financial%20Committee.pdf).
Please submit your application by Sunday, July 28th, 2019 at 23:59 UTC to the WCA Treasurer and Leader of the WCA Financial Committee, Chris Wright (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications will be reviewed by the WFC leadership team.
The qualities and requirements expected of candidates are:
– Experience in finance, tax or accounting.
– Good math or data analytics skills.
– Good written English.
– Time commitment of 2-5 hours per week.
– Prompt review and response to committee emails.
The following are not required, but it would be useful for new WFC members to have additional experience with any of the following:
– Experience using spreadsheets.
– Familiarity with Google G-Suite.
– Knowledge and experience in non-profit or corporate finances.
– US tax and IRS knowledge.
Candidacy documents must be in PDF format, and must include:
– A brief personal introduction.
– Your WCA resume listing your involvement with the cubing community.
– Your professional resume (especially if math/accounting/finance related).
– Your motivation for applying to the WFC.
– Your ambitions for what you plan to contribute to the WFC as a committee member to further the WCA.
You can expect an immediate reply to confirm whether your application is complete, and may receive a request for an interview with the WFC Leader.
Thank you for your candidacies and support!